For replacements, please call 1-800-853-2655.
Orders shipping within the 48 continental United States may be placed online or via telephone. To order shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, or internationally, please call 1-800-853-2655.
Regular Price: 349.00
For a limited time, only 309.00 each
The Whelping Nest
Loss of body temperature is one of the leading causes of newborn puppy mortality. This can also be said about many other species. The purpose of the whelping nest is to maintain a constant body temperature of the newborn puppy by providing a supplemental heat source. The whelping nest doesn’t just keep the puppy warm, it aides in reducing mortality and helps to ensure a healthier and vibrant pup
Features of the Whelping Nest
- Made of medical grade material (Kydex) with an antimicrobial additive which is non-caustic towards animals and humans.
- Controlled with a user friendly digital adjustable thermostat controller.
- Digital display shows internal temperature of the unit.
- Designed oval shape is more ergonomic for the mother.
- Maintains a constant warm temperature to maintain the puppies body temperature to reduce loss of body heat and reduce the mortality of newborn puppies.
- The material is chemical resistant.
- Unit has an internal temperature limit switch to prevent any accidental overheating, set at 108 degrees f.
- The digital controller is programmed to set temperatures between 50 and 100 degrees f.
- Uses a standard 110v wall outlet.
- Heated surface area of 22” x 18” with overall dimensions of 28 ½” x 24 ½” allowing for even the larger dogs as well as other species of animals.
- The tray/nest portion is just under 2” deep to help keep pups in place with a nice texture for a little extra grip to move around.
- The material is a light gray and easy to clean and maintained.
- The unit is sealed with a strong adhesive material to prevent opening the unit and makes it water resistant.
- The whelping nest is designed to be placed in a whelping box with a cut- out template on the shipping box to ease mounting in a whelping box.
- The whelping nest has a one-year warranty for material and workmanship.
- Predrilled holes in the pan portion to secure to the whelping box.
- 5 ½” foot cord shrouded in a nylon braided loom cover to help protect the cord.